Sunday 4 November 2018

Chesham Running Day 2018 - Part 5: Going Home

Check out Part 1 here, Part 2 here, Part 3 here and Part 4 here.

Having hopped off the bus, I had a little time for some photos of other buses arriving and departing on the last services of the day or feeders. RF406 had just completed the last 336 from Rickmansworth, which had departed 1.5 hours earlier, at 1515.
RLH48 had also just arrived on a 336, having completed the final Chenies run and should've arrived 10 minutes before. RT3491 had come off the marathon Chesham - Slough - Berkhamsted - Chesham run. It was the last bus from Berkhamsted and would go on to form a Windsor feeder, along with RF406 and RM188 (which had already left).
However, MB90 rocked up with '353 Windsor' on the destination, either substituting for RF406, which can be seen picking up at the stop (so very unlikely) or probably just returning home.
and BN45 was sitting there, having terminated on the 1633 from Lee Common, the final 394 of the day. 
Then, RT3254 pulled in on the 724 feeder towards Harlow.
My previous plan was to travel directly home, but since then I had decided to take RLH48 back to Uxbridge. However, throughout the day I had heard many chats with people saying that they were going to catch the 305 service back to Uxbridge, so I opted for 3254 to take me as far as Rickmansworth; closer to home and cheaper on Oyster! It was due to leave at 1650, so obviously pulled in at around 1655 to pick up passengers, which took another 5 minutes and finally we were off, 10 minutes late. This was the first time I'd travelled on that particular RT - I soon realised that it was as sluggish as 604, but still gave a pleasant ride through Amersham to Rickmansworth, where I said my goodbyes and left after a fantastic day on the buses.
Happy travelling!

No comments:

Post a Comment