Sunday 19 March 2017

Southern Day Part 6: Change, Change and Change again!

Sorry I'm so behind on these now!

On February 18th (long time ago now, I know!) I went out and bought a Southern DaySave. Took my life into my own hands. Not just a single or return, but a Southern day ticket! this is how it panned out...

After leaving Newhaven on the 15:04 train towards Brighton, Lewes was a good place to change for the train to where I was going next.
Another 313 - YES! This one only took me to Lewes though, where I changed
I was going to a seaside town next and then the train to Eastbourne pulled up! So, on the train and to the station... before Eastbourne? What? Yep, 'twas time for another change, at Hampden Park! Trains go to Hampden Park, then go one stop further to the end of the line (Eastbourne), where they reverse - taking 8 minutes - and then call at Hampden Park again, to take the line off to the right which continues all the way to Ashford. I really wish I could've gone to Doleham...
377450, my train towards Eastbourne, seen here at Lewes
At Hampden Park, it was time to change for the Hastings train
377124, the aforementioned Hastings train, with another service after arrival at Hastings
I believe it was Normans Bay where the platform was only long enough for 3 carriages... but Southern don't have any 3 carriage trains! Before it was time for me to eat, I had some important business to do... BUS SPOTTING! That'll have to wait until part 7 though...

Hope you enjoyed,
Jezza

No comments:

Post a Comment